Saturday, January 13, 2018

Some that I've missed

Shortly after starting this blog, I realized I needed a way to keep track of the quilts I had already posted.  Given that I'm an accountant in my professional life, of course I set up an Excel file.  It's turned out pretty helpful in many ways.  I keep track of when the quilt was completed, the designer, the pattern, the recipient as well as the blog post and date.  I've not been good about keeping everything updated this last year, either my list, my binders or the blog.  So that was my project today, to get everything caught up.

I filtered my list on quilts I hadn't ever posted about and discovered a period of time I had missed completely.  So this post is to go back and post on some quilts I've missed showing in previous topics.

Several years ago I made a t-shirt quilt for a friend's granddaughter from her 1st year onsies.  It was a lot of fun figuring out how to get all the letters of the alphabet in the quilt. And I got to use up some of the random striped fabric I had been saving.


The mom loved it so much she wanted one for her 2nd daughter.  So this is both a t-shirt and an I spy quilt.  I used a FQ pack I had in my stash for the sashing and cornerstones which worked well because most of the onsie's were white.


This quilt was made for a co-worker who teased me for years that I had made everyone at work a quilt except her.  She collects Owls and her favorite color is purple, so I made her a purple Owl quilt.  And wouldn't you know, within a couple of months, she resigned.  The pattern is a modified version of  Chopsticks from B2B.



This pattern is based on Slideshow by Adkinson designs.  I do like many of their patterns, though this one took more time than I usually spend on an I spy.  I did have fun matching the colors on my precut squares and adding coordinating TOT to the blocks to the needed size.  There was a lot of math on this one to get the squares and muslin in the sashing to line up just right.  I think I may keep this one, especially after I used the faux piping binding.


 This was an original pattern requiring a little bit of partial piecing, but it went together very fast.  I used strip piecing on the blue/white sections.  I had fun using up scraps of spotted fabric.


I really like this pattern, called Chain Letter.  I've made it using batik noodles and decided to try an I spy version.  I think it turned out well.


 And look at the happy face!

1 comment:

  1. Really nice group of quilts. The slides how one is really pretty, no wonder you want to keep it.

    ReplyDelete