This one was an idea from a catalog. It's half square triangles arranged in a swirling pattern. The finished blocks are just over 5", started with 6.5" squares then trimmed - I always like to trim as I'm not great on my 1/4" seam. Since I started with whole squares cut in half, this has the advantage of not only being I spy, it's also a matching game. The extra one will have to go on the back (odd number on the front).
Since grouping fabrics by colors work so well, I had wanted to try this design for a while. I love the colors and contrast. Black does always look great with bright colors. The idea came from the Corridors pattern by Marjorie Rhine.
This quilt was a fun exercise in using up some extra 2" squares. And with the precut 4" squares, prep was very fast. I have done this one before, previously using only kitty fabrics and TOT squares. But it works great with novelty scraps too.
This one was fun, but I think it fall in the "probably won't do this one again" category. I think I'm definitely favoring grouped colors or a more orderly arrangement of the novelties.
So now I've got a significant stack of I spy tops. At some point soon I'll need to have a quilting binge.