Friday, March 19, 2021

Using up some scraps

 Any time you work with novelties or any fabric where you fussy cut, you end up with lots of odd sizes left over.  I typically throw them in a bin and when it gets full I sew them all together in rows to make piano keys - usually used for pieced borders.  But I decided I was getting overwhelmed with piano keys and so cut them into sections for this quilt.  It ended up looking a lot like a string quilt but that's OK.  I've done something similar a LONG time ago with dark blue fabrics in the corners.  I don't like this one quite as well (I think it needed something different in the corners), but it did use up all those rolls of piano keys I had accumulate for the recent months. And almost all the bits an scraps of the blue chambray I've been using for t-shirt quilts over the last year. win win.






No comments:

Post a Comment