Tuesday, April 2, 2019

A busy year and only 2 I spy quilts?

Wow, it's been over a year since I posted on this blog.  I only have 2 I spy quilts to show for it, one of which was actually started a long time ago, I just added a border and quilted it this year.  Hmm.  what have I been doing?  Well there have been a LOT of T-shirt quilts this year (see my other blog -  Dee B Tee's).  And I got a new long arm machine - oh it is wonderful - HQ Amara!  I am so happy with it.  Oh and I made this paper pieced monster - and given how much I feel obligated to finish things I had to see it through to the end.  Not quilted, it may not ever be quilted, but the top is done.
The pattern is called Empire Place.  I know it is NOT an I spy, but I spent a year of my life on this silly thing and it's not even hand pieced.  I have to show it.

I had 2 "baby occasions" this year.  For the first I spy quilt, I grabbed one top hanging in the closet and added a simple pieced inner border with a black outer order & abc binding.  This one went to a co-worker's 2nd child  - big brother has one of my quilts too.  


 The 2nd quilt was made for a new baby at my church.  Mom is a school teacher and dad loves cars, so I put in everything related I could find in my stash.  I've made the pattern before (from Missouri Quilts) and really enjoyed doing it, so decided to do another.  I used some left over binding that I found in my scrap bin.  I like the colors with the black borders

Not sure what this year holds.  Work has been exceptionally busy, but I do love hiding in my sewing room.  It is definitely time to spend some quality hours with my novelty fabrics.  I've missed them this year.

1 comment:

  1. Dee your stunning Empire quilt definitely should be quilted. In my humble opinion some quilts look amazing with over the top quilting but not that one. The piecing on that is so awesome. If it were mine (and you know how much I love my longarm) I would stitch in the ditch on my domestic and maybe do some straight lines to showcase that awesome design.

    I have really missed your posts and keeping up with you. Sitting in the RV in lovely Mojave. I am going to work on my orange and blue improve project (I made a kit in true Dee fashion for this).

    ReplyDelete