Thursday, September 19, 2024

Still playing with Novelties

 Just so no one thinks I'm neglecting my novelty stash, I am still playing with novelties in between the other projects.  

This first quilt is a novelty version of Krista Moser's Ribbon Twist pattern. I think I like this one a bit better than the patriotic version.  I think just doing a 90 degree corner with the zigzag works just as well and is easier to cut with no waste.  But this was fun to try.


I got the idea for this next quilt from a FB post so I don't know the pattern name.  It was a fun one to do, though it did generate a large number of waste triangles (which seem to reproduce in my scrap bin).


Another great pattern by Kim Brackett, this one is called Off Course.  Great way to use 2.5" scraps.  I think I'll probably do a patriotic version of this one as it was lots of fun to stitch, and I love the broken effect when you put the blocks together.


This pattern is by Ledine Watson of Sugar Stitches.  So fun and easy, I loved being able to make the entire thing with novelties.


These next two are repeats from years ago.  But they are so fun to do and look so great.  I love picking out the tone-on-tone colors to coordinated with the novelties.



Quick and easy donation quilt.  I need to make about 300 more of these to use up all those precut strips!



I saw this pattern in a catalog in pastels and thought I'd try it in novelties.  The pattern gets lost a bit unless you stand back but it is sort of interesting.  Probably won't do it again tho.



No comments:

Post a Comment