Thursday, September 19, 2024

Other Misc. Donations to catch up on recent projects

I've received a lot of donation fabrics in the last year.  I've enjoyed taking the scraps and leftovers and making something pretty that someone will enjoy.  Some of these will be donated to nursing homes or dialysis centers.  Others will be donated to a local crisis pregnancy center.  Just because I like making up rules for myself, I have tried to make do with only the donated fabric.  Sometimes I will pull from my stash but typically only fabrics that are so old I can't remember where they came from.

These flannel scraps were so cute but there was just barely enough.  I pulled coordinating fabric from my stash and added some easy pieced borders.  They did turned out very cute.  I call the pattern spinning attic windows and have used it several times now.



Some more cute flannel left-overs found on the scrap table and a pattern to stretch it out to baby quilt size. 
 


And another spinning attic windows.  This one I was trying to use up some questionable yellow fabric with pink dots and several yards of Sunbonnet Sue.  


And the last of Sunbonnet Sue.  The pattern is just a 9-patch alternating with a snowball block.  I've some several variations of this and always enjoy seeing the secondary pattern.


This is another version of the Strips and Stripes pattern from Krista Moser.  I'm not sure but I think I've had that rainbow strip for about 20 years.  I had thought I would use it with novelties, but it always seemed too bright.  But it looks great in this layout. 








No comments:

Post a Comment