Monday, June 17, 2024

What happens when an accountant is a quilter

 Several years ago I decided to start keeping a spreadsheet of all my quilts and related projects.  I realized that there were several quilts that I had photographed that I could not remember where they went.  Also periodically questions would come up about who designed the pattern or the name of the pattern.  Then I started keeping this blog and putting the date & name of the blog post was also helpful.  The next result of all this is I have a lovely list of all my quilts and other than three, I know either the owner or if they were donated.  And of course since it's a spreadsheet, I can also do graphs.  Haha, what fun.

Since I started quilting in 2001, I've made just under 400 quilt, which consist of 47 t-shirt quilt, 215 novelty quilts & 135 other quilts.  Of that, 59 have been donation quilts, 80 are in my personal collection, and my daughter has 13.  Below is the graph by year since 2015 (252 total).  2020 was an unusual year for t-shirt quilts because the company I worked for (Pier 1 Imports) closed down during Covid and I made a LARGE number of t-shirt quilts for people from Pier 1 shirts.  And I pretty much burned out on t-shirt quilts that year.  I have been trying lots of patterns that aren't novelty fabrics in the last few years.  Some of those I have documented here, but many many of the older ones I have not documented anywhere.  So I plan to catch up on those in future posts. I'll mark them as "general quilts" for those who are interested only in novelties.



Ok, I'm making myself tired.  But it is fun and informative to look back and see just where my quilting journey has led me.

No comments:

Post a Comment