Saturday, June 8, 2019

And two more - busy busy busy


I think in the last couple of months I have made up for the last two years of limited novelty sewing.  These two tops are numbers 7 & 8 that I have made in the last 2 months.  Not quilted, but I do have a good stash of tops now.  Anyone need some baby shower gifts? 
Star Sashing
 I'm still using up those precuts.  And a stash of little left over triangles and odd scraps.  I saw the idea for this one on-line and thought I'd try it in an eye-spy.  I think I'd put this in the "eh" pile.  The stars in the sashing were sure a lot of work, and you can't really see them too well.  It's one of those times that a single color (TOT) would have worked better than the scrappy.  Ah well, lesson learned.  And those scrappy triangles are all gone now.  I found some new border fabric at Hobby Lobby in the "school teacher" section, I couldn't decide which one I liked better so used both.

X's & O's
 
One of the ladies at work recently showed me a picture of her now 8 year old daughter and the X's & O's quilt I made for her 4 years ago.  She took it to a slumber party and was very proud of it.  That got me to thinking it was a pretty fun pattern so here is another one.  I did have to pull just a few fabrics from my stash to fill out the colors, but most of this is still from those precuts.  There is still a good size stack left but most are now tans & whites which isn't too fun.  I will have to think of something else to do with them.  I spy quilts have to be colorful!

Oh and a confession.  I went to Hobby Lobby looking for border fabric, but of course there was a sale.... and yes I bought 8 other half yard cuts  -  4 great yellows, a couple of greens, some robots on black and look at these wonderful Llamas!  I can't resist llamas - my daughter loves them ever since the movie Emperor's New Groove.  So they came home with me.


I know I've said this before and done this before.  I resolve to use up some of my stash and I sew a bunch.  And then I'm feeling so good about what I've sewn that I then go shopping and restock more than I sewed.  But I've made 8 quilts in the last two months.  With only 4 additional yards of novelty I'm still ahead - or behind, which ever.  Ah well, I'm still having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment