Sunday, June 30, 2019

A few of my favorite things

I've realized over the years that part of why I enjoy quilting so much is it feels like a jigsaw puzzle.  Sorting colors, finding the right pieces, solving a problem.  And when you are done, you don't have to take it apart and put it away in the closet.  I also love mazes. 

Looking at the stack of precuts I've been trying to use up, I noticed how many of them were white or beige.  Not fun colors for an I spy.  What could I do?  Then it hit me, a MAZE!  So I grabbed some graph paper and set to work, laying out a maze that minimized the black spaces while still being a legitimate maze (a few dead ends, etc).  I added a narrow multi-color sashing to emphasis the boundary of the puzzle.  I love how it turned out.  I may take this one to work with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment