Saturday, August 15, 2026

Catching up in 2026 part two

 All of the following patterns are favorite novelty patterns from previous years that I decided to make again.  I think I've been collecting novelty quilt ideas & patterns for so long, I may have run out of new things.  But for now going back through my spreadsheet & linked photos provides plenty of inspiration.  And since I had instruction notes in OneNote for most of them, I can start pulling fabric and cutting quickly.


Lumberyard Stars by Quilter's Lumberyard



Snowballs & Nine Patch from Quilter's Cache



Twinkling Stars pattern by Kim Brackett



Stairstep by Me and My Sister patterns



Floating Novelties, original pattern



Roads quilt with piano keys, original pattern



Picture Frame I spy, original pattern


Rainbow Rails, original pattern

I haven't sewn as much in 2026 as 2025 as I started a part-time job with a former co-worker from Pier 1.  My sewing time has been much more limited than in the last several years.  And I've also been doing a number of jigsaw puzzles with a lovely new puzzle table I got for Christmas.  I definitely won't get to last year's high of 61 quilts.  But that's fine.  I have a good size stack of novelty quilts finished and waiting for a good home, plus there are twenty-one quilts in the closet waiting to be quilted.  Currently I am completely out of precut kits, so that is my project for this weekend.  I do need something to work on at sew days and it's nice to have a selection of projects ready to grab when the mood hits.  I am also making a few applique blocks from Aunt Millie's Flower Garden by Piece O Cake designs, final plan TBD.  I also have a reverse applique project going.  I am definitely keeping busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment